UAW 2865 is hiring!
As we launch into our Spring 2016 membership drive, we are currently accepting applications for two positions
- Organizer – 25% TA-ship Equivalent
- (10 hours/week, includes tuition remission & healthcare)
- Organizer – Hourly at $30/hr
To apply: Please email a cover letter and CV/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, March 11 at 5:00pm. Hourly positions will be accepted on a rolling basis through Friday, April 1st at 5:00pm.
Organizer – 25% TA-ship Equivalent
- Must be a member of UAW 2865 in good standing since October 2015 and a current graduate student at UCSB.
- Prefer candidates with on-the-ground one-on-one organizing experience, preferably with a labor union.
- Prefer candidates with an understanding of union values and role on the UCSB campus and the UC system.
- Have a willingness to engage in conversations about the union with Academic Student-Workers on campus.
- Ability to spend 10 hours a week on-the-ground educating Academic Student-Workers about the union and its functions and signing up new members.
This position is great for experienced organizers with a working knowledge of our labor union at the UCSB campus the the UC system. This organizer should be comfortable conversing with a broad range of graduate students at UCSB and willing to work with elected campus union leadership to accomplish our spring membership drive goals.
Organizer – Hourly at $30/hr
- Preference given to UAW 2865 members in good standing since October 2015 who are current graduate students at UCSB.
- Must be willing to learn how to do on-the-ground one-on-one organizing with an experienced organizer.
- Preferably have a basic understanding of union values and role on the UCSB campus and the UC system.
- Have a willingness to engage in conversations about the union with Academic Student-Workers in your own department, center, or adjacent departments on campus.
- Ability to spend time on an hourly basis on-the-ground educating Academic Student-Workers about the union and its functions and signing up new members.
This position is ideal for union members with an interest in learning how to organize for a labor union and a willingness educate fellow Academic Student-Workers in your department or adjacent departments about our union. This organizer would be working closely with an experienced organizer and elected campus union leadership. The hourly time commitment is built around your schedule. We are looking for members who can provide a positive introduction to the union to fellow graduate students who may be unfamiliar with our union.
Please direct questions and applications to email@example.com.